No doubt that overall health is the number one priority for everyone. The Singapore Tourism Board will launch the Wellness Festival Singapore which will run from 3 to 12 June 2022. It aims to promote holistic wellbeing while positioning Singapore as the Urban Wellness Haven for locals and international visitors.
Aside from inspiring Singaporeans and visitors to lead a healthier lifestyle, it also aims to boost the wellness offerings, grow a strong community of wellness advocates, and bring together more partnerships within the industry.
Participants can look forward to over 120 physical and virtual offerings over the course of the 10-day festival. Visit fitness studios, studios, attractions, hotels, shopping malls, artists and arts groups and other wellness and lifestyle businesses. Whether you’re with friends or your family, you can find any activity to join in. On the other hand, there is an opportunity to connect and network with other businesses at the symposium.
Check out some large-scale activations in popular locations around Singapore:
The Wellness Sensorium
A multi-sensory pop-up at The Meadow at Gardens by the Bay features 6 zones that offer interactive, instagrammable, and innovative experiences.
When: 3 June (2.30pm-9.30pm), 4-12 June (9.30am-9.30pm)
Where: The Meadow, Gardens by the Bay, 18 Marina Gardens Drive, Singapore 018953 (Nearest Car Park: The Meadow Car Park)
The activities for each visitor aim to feed the senses, teach you new skills while relaxing your mind, burn calories and get your body moving. A few of these include:
- Stone Ritual – Engage in the mindful and collaborative exercise of stone-stacking to heighten their spatial awareness
- Light and Sound Bath – Be in a state of calm while inside a darkened environment filled with slow-moving coloured lights and ambient sound
- Spin Orchestra – Ride indoor bicycles in sync while triggering interactive lights and music
- Stitch Meditation – learn the practice of slow-stitching meditation from textile artist Agatha Lee
- Cooking Demonstration & Nutrition Workshop – Join Charlotte Mei and Sarah Huang Benjamin in celebrating health and promoting Singapore’s local flavours
A play on Sentosa’s name, Singapore’s iconic destination for leisure transforms into a wellness leisure retreat. Visitors are able to escape, rejuvenate, and recharge away from the stressful urban life. As a part of Sentosa’s 50th anniversary celebration, they will be holding specially curated wellness-themed stayover programmes, beach activities, and a diverse pipeline of lifestyle offerings.
When: 1-30 June (7am-9pm)
Where: Sentosa, Islandwide
Admission: Free admission, with selected activities chargeable at $5
The known areas such as the Southernmost Point of Continental Asia will turn into a “Stress Stop” that will hold meditations, breathwork, and sound bathing sessions and the Palawan Green will turn into “Zentosa Festival Village” that features masterclasses, sports workshops, and outdoor performances.
Merli Wellness Trails
A hybrid race platform, 42Race, will be launched across the Singapore Botanic Gardens, HortPark-Harbourfront and Fort Canning Park where runners will explore the spaces while answering questions to earn exclusive Merli and Friends virtual badges.
When: 2-19 June (12am-11.59pm)
Where: Singapore Botanic Gardens, Fort Canning Park, HortPark
Rest and rejuvenate your mind
Art is a great way to nurture social, emotional and mental wellbeing that also lifts up the spirit and improves wellness. Visitors can indulge in different activities in the heartlands and city centres while touching their artistic sides from 3 to 12 June.
National Gallery Singapore offers workshops and programmes that feature art in all forms. Some of them include:
- Somatic Movement – participants express themselves through qi gong, silat, and other movements accompanied by traditional instruments and an eclectic playlist
- Slow Art – encourages mindful art appreciation
- Sound Bath Experience – ideal for 10-14 year olds, the experience encourages them to enjoy soothing sounds that will relax the body and mind
- Arts and Culture Nodes – an island wide network of arts touchpoints also include visual arts workshops to enhance self-discovery and mindfulness
COMO Shambhala Urban Escape will also host a full-day open house on 12 June to inspire individuals, couples, young families, and children to have fun in the journey to wellness. Expect a day of experiencing mindfulness-based art and movement for children, partner yoga, Pilates classes, and nutrition and fertility talks.
Re-energise with fitness classes and lifestyle offerings
Enjoy free and complimentary fitness, health, and wellness classes from Jewel Changi Airport Devt, Changi Airport Group, SportSG and STB. Interested participants can expect K-Kardio, Spin classes and a mass Taichi workout led by 2015 SEA Games Wushu gold medallist Lee Tze Yuan – a class that focuses on serenity through gentle movements.
ClassPass will also be holding free virtual fitness/wellness classes at Gardens by the Bay and the scenic Civic District. It also includes a virtual tour of each location to showcase the wellness offerings.
Join other classes and events that focus on the physical health through fitness and lifestyle:
- Sail aboard at Luxury Tall Ship Royal Albatross and enjoy curated healthy meals
- Attend a Thai cooking class on Dusit Thani Laguna Singapore taught by Chef Donnapa of Greenhouse
- A guided walking tour around Little India by VegThisCity introduces the visitors to Ayurvedic practices
Invigorate the senses with unique retail and food-themed experiences
A pop-up activation held at Crane (Arab Street) from 4 to 5 June will treat the taste buds, teach new recipes, and attend food tours. The wellness workshops, activities, and collaborations include:
- Made with Passion1 brand-led workshops will be collaborating with Cantina to provide smoothies for the breakfast crowd using a special smoothie bike
- “Six-hands” collaboration at 1-Arden, Singapore’s latest sky-high dining destination, will bring together farmers and chefs to create a wholesome meal for foodies
- Join the ‘TCM in Food’ Tour by Let’s Go Tour Singapore to learn how traditional Chinese medicine is applied into food preparation
- Join Kampung Kampus by Earth Adventures, an outdoor tour that promotes farm-to-table plant-based organic lunch on the farm
- Attend the Live It Up wellness and community festival by CapitalLand that focuses on art therapy workshops and tea-making classes, to embrace good health and wellness practices as part of their daily lives.
Driving business opportunities for the Singapore wellness sector
Aside from customer offerings, this event offers business and enterprises industry-specific events at Gardens by the Bay.
The Wellness Symposium brings together business leaders, industry experts, and professionals to share insights, market opportunities, and consumer demands on the realm of wellness. Another event includes Wellness Industry Roundtable, an invite-only session for enterprises across different sectors to network and discuss growth opportunities, share innovation ideas, and connect with potential collaborations.
For more the complete programme offerings and more information about the event, please visit the WFS website at https://www.wellnessfest.sg/